• Topic Author
  • Administrator Supporter
    Super Users
  • Wheel Horse Stables Owner
More
26 Sep 2023 19:02 #18128 by Geno
Replied by Geno on topic Welding Table
Did some labeling on the drawers today, may try to do the shelving on the other end tomorrow. 

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
27 Sep 2023 19:02 #18132 by Geno
Busy day but had a little time so it went to working on the shelves under the turn table.  I had a bright idea about using the bottom Fastenal gondola lowest shelf for regular shelves.  I have hundreds of gondola shelves already from 14" to 24" deep.  The fronts of them are a little lower for the pricing or scanning tags so they have to be notched a little, but that will just help keep them in place.  They will hold a lot more weight, coating is really tough, they are easy to clean, and won't catch on fire like the wood shelves may...  Anything may happen around here you know. 

There's a slide out shelf on the test bench end I never use because I can't see it and always forget it's there.  The turn table was usually another catch all so I'm thinking about taking everything out on that end and starting over.  It would be nice to have more some heavy shelves for longer stuff under there.  It's almost 7 and it's time to quit for the day so I'm gonna sleep on it.  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
29 Sep 2023 19:13 #18134 by Geno
Didn't spend a lot of time on it today but the spinner is out and everything under the test bench side (left side) is cut out and smoothed over.  Tomorrow it will get the lower gondola shelves on it end to end.  I'll have to cut a little off of the inner (left side) bin supports but that's easy.  There's a little room under the bin fixture that can be used for longer things so may as well do that to while I'm into it.  I hope to finish it up tomorrow and get ready for the next project.   

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Sep 2023 16:11 #18135 by Geno
Just wrapped up the welding table mods for now.  Not to say there may be a few more later but it's all I had planned for this go around. 

The rear bin supports were shortened a little so the first shelf could go under them.  The center supports could have been taken out because there are plenty of supports welded under each shelf but too much is better than not enough I guess, plus it would just be more work...  

The 2" square tubing that I use for saw horses had to come out of the bin side but with the shelf under the left side of the bench cut out it just got moved to that end.  You can see the end and center tubes in the pics pointed up from underneath. 

There's not a lot of room under the bins but at least everything looks uniform, and I'm sure I'll find something to slide under there.  The outside ears can be cut off also, in this setup the slots for the angle iron on the bench holds them in place.  They're not bothering anything except looks and that can be done anytime.  There's a piece of 3/8" rubber mat on the bench (it has blue chips in it instead of white) that's getting squared up for the press side to keep press attachments and parts on.  I'll get pics of it later but for now I want to get started on the next project, the shop unclogged, and the rest of the equipment working...  

Welcome to the Stables!

• Geno
  • Topic Author
    Super Users
More
30 Sep 2023 16:17 #18136 by Geno
Almost forgot, some before and after pics of this part.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out.  

Welcome to the Stables!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds